Stress and Weight Gain; Are they Interlinked?
Stress has a serious impact on weight gain. Several proofs connect stress with weight gain. What are they?
- Experiencing chronic stress can stimulate the excessive release of cortisol, a stress hormone. This, in turn, arouses an increase in appetite, which leads you to overeat.
- High-stress results in poor sleep quality. When this happens consistently for a long time, sleep deprivation consequences in weight gain.
- Stress slows down the rate of metabolism, shown by a study conducted on stressed and non-stressed women. It results in a lower burn rate of calories, leading to weight gain.
Tips to manage stress
You can always start practicing mindful ways to reduce the intensity of stress you experience in response to any stimuli.
- Exercise for 20 to 30 minutes every day.
- Shift your diet to healthy foods.
- Get proper sleep.
- Indulge in 10 minutes of deep breathing.
- Ditch caffeine and high-fat foods.
Stress-reducing supplements are also an option to manage your stress better. We will tell you about some of the best supplements you can use to reduce stress.
Supplements to Manage Stress
This nutrient-rich supplement helps in balancing your mind and body. Created with natural adaptogens like Ashwagandha and Rhodiola, Ionix Supreme helps in improving your immune system and focus.
Adaptogen Elixir helps in calming your mind through a careful botanical blend. It enables the mind and body to adapt to stress positively and reduce your life’s worries.
It is crafted carefully from botanical ingredients that soothe and relieve the skin of any tightness and worries. It also refreshes your mind to improve stress.
The Entune is a full-spectrum Hemp-derived Cannabidiol (CBD) oil. It takes the pain and aches off your skin, giving you a stress-free appearance.
Stress, if not managed properly, can be your enemy. Thus, you should take the relevant steps to prevent yourself from the harmful side effects of stress.