Simple side dish for all occasions
- 3 Ripe Avocados (save the pit)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lime juice (start with 1 tbsp., and taste before adding more)
- Diced tomatoes (optional)
- Fresh Cilantro (Highly Recommended!)
- Cut the avocados in half around the pits and spoon out into a bowl.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the avocados until desired texture.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper, lime juice, diced tomatoes, and freshly chopped cilantro to the mashed avocados and mix.
- Place the avocado dip into a sealable airtight container and put the pits in the dip, spaced out. This will help keep it from turning dark, although it’s not going to prevent it completely.
- Seal and refrigerate until ready to serve.