Healthy Slow-Cooker Recipe
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 16-oz can black beans
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans
- 1 16-oz can tomato sauce
- 10-oz frozen corn kernels
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I use “HOT”)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder (I use more according to taste)
- 24-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- Cilantro, freshly chopped
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers (hot peppers), corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.
- Stir until well blended.
- Place the chicken breast on top of soup mixture.
- Cover and cook on Medium for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken breast and let cool.
- Shred the chicken and mix into the soup mixture.
- Serve with shredded cheese and fresh cilantro. (optional – add sour cream)