A Super Simple Family Favorite
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 8 ounces Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 4 tablespoons Guacamole (Recipe further down the page)
- Preheat oven to 475
- Wash the sweet potatoes, removing any bad places.
- Quick Start: Microwave sweet potatoes for 4 minutes, otherwise they will take at least an hour to bake.
- Wrap each potato with a sheet of foil and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake until potatoes feel soft. (check them after 45 minutes).
- While the potatoes are baking, brown the hamburger meat until done; drain off any fat and set aside.
- Prepare the guacamole dip recipe (see below).
- Prepare homemade salsa or use store bought.
- Shred two cups of lettuce and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and take the foil off of them. Place each one on a plate and slice open.
- Split the cooked hamburger meat between each potato.
- Add the shredded lettuce.
- Top with guacamole dip and salsa and serve.